Published Permissions

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Now this is a first for me - fabric painting!! .....and a finished rucksack bag!








Good morning!!!

Well I think it's very clear to say, I've been very very busy in my crafting life just recently - are you keeping up with me??  I do hope so!!!!

What I'm sharing with you today was an absolute first for me - stamping on to fabric and fabric painting!

I have used Pebeo setacolor fabric paints on all of these panels and it's a fine, dark grey denim fabric being used.

The challenge this time was to paint six panels of a rucksack that was to be stitched in to the bag after I had done my art work - showing how Sheena Douglass's stamps not only work superbly for normal paper crafting but how they can be used for fabric painting too.

So today I'm showing you all six fabric panels that I completed and although it is much more time consuming than obviously painting straight on to card stock or paper, it is very satisfying and relaxing once you get going.

There is lots of masking on some of these and that was done by using normal copy paper sprayed with a tiny bit of stick and spray (or you could use any repositionable spray glue).

I finished each piece with some brushed effects to help lift those images off of the fabric a bit.


Here is the finished sewn bag!!!! Rather blew me away when I saw it all sewn together !!


Hope you like this today, something a little different for you but still with my love of rubber stamping!!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Leanne xxx


2 comments:

  1. Your finished bag looks fabulous Leanne, you did wonders with a new technique, bust isn't diversity a great part of crafting on our constant learning curve.

    All the best for tomorrow.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Leanne and the colours are just so vibrant. This may have been a labour of love but it was definitely worth it! Crafty hugs, Sandra x x

    ReplyDelete