Published Permissions

Wednesday 8 February 2017

An Oriental Thank You.....



Good morning!

A quick mid week post again this week. This is a postcard that I have made for Sunday Postcard Art's theme this week of Oriental.  Shall I let you into a secret?.......I don't have many Oriental crafting items at all!!!!!!! So this is how you "make something out of nothing"!!!!!!!

I started on a piece of 6 x 4 inch Sheena Stamping Card and blended my sky down from the top with distress inks and my ink dusters.  I then met that sky with hills inked with torn paper until they met, leaving a nice bright bit of sky just over the hills.

The trees were stamped in black Momento ink (Inkylicious) and the oriental grasses (the only oriental stamps I'd got!) were stamped across the front and falling in from above. These stamps are from Chocolate Baroque.  The small pagoda was hand drawn with black india ink (this is what we call improvising!).  

Trees and leaves were coloured using distress ink and the moon was done using Pebeo Decocreme paint.

Stamped my sentiment of thank you (Chocolate Baroque) and the birds (Inkylicious).

Edged with distress ink.

There!  How to produce an oriental scene with very few oriental tools!!!!! (Think I got away with it - don't you?!!!). I'm glad I did because I do like Sunday Postcard Art, it makes you stretch the imagination and I hope that by doing that to me, I inspire others.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx


5 comments:

  1. how very clever.... it looks amazingly oriental! brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I picked this challenge I had the same issue as you...I just had an image I loved and wanted to use. Love what you have done! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I picked this challenge I had the same issue as you...I just had an image I loved and wanted to use. Love what you have done! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne, this original art is beautiful! I especially like how you you created and blended your sky. "Something out of nothing" in your case is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete